Today I’m linking up with Jessica of Lovely Little Things for a Smell the Roses challenge of a gratitude list of 10 things. I’ve done a post like this in the past, but I thought I would do a list of things that I’ve been especially grateful for this month. I’ve been having tons of conversations about gratitude in my everyday life and feeling grateful everyday. Here’s a short list of things that I’ve been grateful for this month in no particular order:
1. Friends. I love all my friends both near and far away. Below is a picture of a disposable camera that I got in Campfire Chic’s disposable camera swap from my new friend Ani. She is amazing and I can’t wait to see the pictures that she took for me.
2. I love where I live: Hawaii. It is my home and I have loved it every day this month even though we’ve been having some crazy weather and things can get crazy here I love where I live and am grateful for every day that I spend here.
3. I am grateful for my family. I know that we tend to get into disagreements a lot, but through it all we love each other. In fact, my mom might be taking me to a special event this weekend. I’ll keep it a secret in case it doesn’t happen *fingers crossed*
4. I’m grateful for KonaBoy. I swear that I put him through way too much in the past year and I’ve been driving him crazy lately because I’ve been busy, stressed out, sickly and more. But he’s absolutely amazing and I hate the time when I have to go home and I can’t stay longer with him. We’re working on it, but I know that sometimes it takes its toll on our relationship.
5. I am grateful for my digital camera. I know this sounds a bit dumb, but I love capturing moments on my camera. I know that it can’t take me back to that moment, but I’ve been loving having it and capturing little moments in my life.
6. I am grateful for hope and the moments that give home. The olympics are here and part of the reason I love watching the olympics is the hope that people get when an underdog comes from behind to win. I’ve recently seen 2 shows (The Dark Knight Rises and Warehouse 13 season 3 opener) where it appeared the world lost hope. Hope is the greatest thing one can have and that’s amazing.
7. I am grateful for little moments and sweet gifts. Life has been happening in little moments lately. There have been sweet moments when I’m just hanging out with my mom, with KonaBoy and all that is is that moment. I love those moments in the midst of my crazy life and that’s awesome that little moments like that can occur.
8. I am grateful for food. It sounds like a bit of a fat kid comment, but my friend once said that he notices that people come together over food and there are little moments that happen. It’s in those little moments that life really occurs. I love the conversations that happen over food, I love eating food, and lately I’ve been loving cooking. I go through spurts of loving and hating cooking and lately I’ve been really loving it.
9. I am grateful for music. It creates the soundtrack to my life. It picks me up when I’m sad, it helps me when I’m stressed out. I haven’t made the perfect playlist of Summer 2012 yet, I have some good songs in mind, but I haven’t gotten around to it.
10. I am grateful for life. There have been quite a bit of vehicular accidents lately in the area, my mom noticed that probably in this year alone there’s been a motorcycle accident almost every week so far. I know that she worries when I’m out really late, but I try to have her stop worrying so much. I know how precious life is and how fast it can be taken away from you if you aren’t careful with it.
This is my gratitude list for the month of July. I hope that you enjoyed it.